Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: VOTE

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 91.30%
  • No

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardpoint Turfs

Mentioned
    1131 Post(s)

Hardpoint Turfs

Re: http://forum.sfcnr.com/showthread.ph...dpoint-Turfing

1. San Fierro will have maybe 10 big turfs. 1 turf will be chosen at random every 24:00 as a 'hardpoint'.

2. Each gang will need to remain in the hardpoint as long as possible to earn a prize pool of $200,000.

3. If you enter a turf, and it has nobody inside - you control the hardpoint automatically. No 60 second wait.
    - You lose control of the hardpoint when all you and your gang members leave the hardpoint (killed)

4. If a Gang A stays in a hardpoint for 180 seconds (3minutes), Gang B for 60 seconds (1 min), Gang C for 10 seconds then the prize pool at the end of the in-game day (24:00) is distributed as follows:
    - Gang A 180/(180+60+10) = 72%
    - Gang B 60/(180+60+10) = 24%
    - Gang C 10/(180+60+10) = 4%

This is a fair distribution of payouts, because you cannot lose money if you capture at 1:00 then some gang captures at 23:30.

Please help here:

How would facility turfs be useful?

Is there even a problem with a current turf system.
    @Nibble @Shini
    • If you have a question besides being regarded about your ban, or something annoying... Shoot me a private message. Save your breath, don't ask for an unban as it can be postponed more.
    • Accounts are very secure, and the only way someone can get into your account is if you tell them your password. Never share your password with anybody. Not even the server owner.
    • If there's an online admin that can handle your problem, ask them instead of waiting. Don't constantly moan over me not being in-game to handle something.
    • Do not go to anyone besides me for VIP inquiries or problems, I can only solve them!

Scientia potentia est.

There are two things a man cannot avoid, death and the taxman.

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Facilities should be captured the same way they're captured now, IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ++

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't think it will work as good as the turf system currently is. If you have to stay inside the turf the whole 24 minutes in order to make sure you don't lose the turf control, this restricts the playstyle of players because you can't do anything except stay in that certain area which most likely will result in underuse of other features (which already is a big problem). It also turns into a King of the Hill instead of something like a turf which may be controlled by a certain gang till a new gang overthrows it (like how gangs work irl). Also it'll be unfair for people who can't play at night because they lose about 8h+ of potential turf control if we take only sleep into account. A gang can have turfs for the whole day if met with no opposition rn which is good enough (although it doesn't happen). Also the turfs being instantly captured is also not good considering you cannot even defend if your friend is holding the hardpoint and he dies to an enemy while you're buying guns or doing something else in general. The turf system should be left untouched but groups of turfs should be made in certain areas every 24 minutes or maybe even increase that time to something maybe like an hour. The cash distribution system should be implemented though because it's only fair for everyone.
    Spoiler!

Ex-Lead Administrator

"Look Up In The Sky, It's A Bird, It's A Plane
    Is It A Game Or Is He Insane?"

"What's The Point Of Existence
    With This Incurable Sickness
    Just Show Me The Door
    Give Me A Place To Rest"

Mentioned
    1131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR3M3 View Post
    I don't think it will work as good as the turf system currently is. If you have to stay inside the turf the whole 24 minutes in order to make sure you don't lose the turf control, this restricts the playstyle of players because you can't do anything except stay in that certain area which most likely will result in underuse of other features (which already is a big problem). It also turns into a King of the Hill instead of something like a turf which may be controlled by a certain gang till a new gang overthrows it (like how gangs work irl). Also it'll be unfair for people who can't play at night because they lose about 8h+ of potential turf control if we take only sleep into account. A gang can have turfs for the whole day if met with no opposition rn which is good enough (although it doesn't happen). Also the turfs being instantly captured is also not good considering you cannot even defend if your friend is holding the hardpoint and he dies to an enemy while you're buying guns or doing something else in general. The turf system should be left untouched but groups of turfs should be made in certain areas every 24 minutes or maybe even increase that time to something maybe like an hour. The cash distribution system should be implemented though because it's only fair for everyone.
    You don't need to stay in the turf the whole 24 minutes.

If you stay for 20 minutes and the other gang takes it over for the 4 minutes.

You get 83% of 200K
    17% goes to the other gang

Every second you stay in the turf gives you a percentage in the prize pool
    • If you have a question besides being regarded about your ban, or something annoying... Shoot me a private message. Save your breath, don't ask for an unban as it can be postponed more.
    • Accounts are very secure, and the only way someone can get into your account is if you tell them your password. Never share your password with anybody. Not even the server owner.
    • If there's an online admin that can handle your problem, ask them instead of waiting. Don't constantly moan over me not being in-game to handle something.
    • Do not go to anyone besides me for VIP inquiries or problems, I can only solve them!

Scientia potentia est.

There are two things a man cannot avoid, death and the taxman.

Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    This is good and all but I'd remove the VIPL zone simply because it's too much of a hot-zone already. Everyone has a house there and whatnot, maybe place it in an area where there are less houses? Around hospital / Supasave could be one good hardpoint zone since there aren't really many houses there. Otherwise this looks pretty neat, fastpaced is the way to go for sure.

Current problem in the turfing system is that everyone's pretty much only in one area of the map, VIPL. It has become a boring hotspot which used to be a fun one. Alot of armies are circulating the area just waiting for people to turf so that the army can get free kills / EXP and whatnot.

Everyone has houses around VIPL making them spawn with spawnprotection and having an upper advantage by dying early just so they can get in your face with spawn protection.
    Everyone drives around VIPL and other people who aren't even in the turfwar will end up dying simply because every gang is fighting there. A normal VIP won't be able to use VIPL to get guns simply because he'd have to go thru a war of 2-4 gangs.
    Otherwise the current system is good but I think the one you've suggested is much more fast-paced which will result in making it funnier for everyone involved, it's more dynamic.
    hmu if you want some more hardpoint zone suggestions I think I could figure out where to place them for the best outcome.

This will also make more strategic openings for playstyles towards turfing, you know a gang has X zone, You tell your gang to group up go in for a hard push, kill everyone > then hold the turf.
    with the current one you would not be able to do that simply because everyone respawns at the turf already + that the turf has a 60-30 second time to capture it.
    I like the fastpaced more.

About xtreme saying that there are 8 hour downtime is simply because you have not recruited anyone that isn't in your timezone, You should look at it from a clan/gang perspective, You probably have 20+ members, You don't have to stay on the whole time to maximize your turfing potential, get your clan/gang to help you out lol.
    Last edited by Shini; 11-08-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Can't we somehow prevent armies from joining X street wars every time? They are just waiting until we're fighting each other and go army to spam rockets and **** everybody, no chance to defend or whatsoever. Please. it's a pain in the ass to get killed by a hunter/rhino everytime we're tryna do a street war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini
    Current problem in the turfing system is that everyone's pretty much only in one area of the map, VIPL. It has become a boring hotspot which used to be a fun one. Alot of armies are circulating the area just waiting for people to turf so that the army can get free kills / EXP and whatnot.

Everyone has houses around VIPL making them spawn with spawnprotection and having an upper advantage by dying early just so they can get in your face with spawn protection.
    Everyone drives around VIPL and other people who aren't even in the turfwar will end up dying simply because every gang is fighting there. A normal VIP won't be able to use VIPL to get guns simply because he'd have to go thru a war of 2-4 gangs.
    Otherwise the current system is good but I think the one you've suggested is much more fast-paced which will result in making it funnier for everyone involved, it's more dynamic.
    hmu if you want some more hardpoint zone suggestions I think I could figure out where to place them for the best outcome.

This will also make more strategic openings for playstyles towards turfing, you know a gang has X zone, You tell your gang to group up go in for a hard push, kill everyone > then hold the turf.
    with the current one you would not be able to do that simply because everyone respawns at the turf already + that the turf has a 60-30 second time to capture it.
    I like the fastpaced more.

About xtreme saying that there are 8 hour downtime is simply because you have not recruited anyone that isn't in your timezone, You should look at it from a clan/gang perspective, You probably have 20+ members, You don't have to stay on the whole time to maximize your turfing potential, get your clan/gang to help you out lol.
    ^
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Can't we somehow prevent armies from joining X street wars every time? They are just waiting until we're fighting each other and go army to spam rockets and **** everybody, no chance to defend or whatsoever. Please. it's a pain in the ass to get killed by a hunter/rhino everytime we're tryna do a street war.

^
    The #prevent_army_in_turfwars would be a highly efficient measure for the gang wars imo, to make it possible, turf warriors can type a cmd /gangwar after entering a turf which would take them in another world separated from the LEO classes.

As I see, this update would be a boon for the leo classes and all they would do is to camp on the turfs for free kills/score/xp/cash.

The reason I had to bring it up is because recently while in a fight with an opponent clan, when they got outnumbered by our clan in terms of online members, they simply turned to CIA/army and spammed mmb-to-arrest us/attacking us by going under the radar and thereby leading us to end the fight, which is totally unacceptable.

It's simple, if you don't have enough firepower, you don't deserve to be in a war.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Like Shini said, the only problem with the current turfing system is the spawning of players ON turfs. So if someone kills them whilst taking his gang's turf, they instantly spawn back and finish whatever's left of the other guy. Hardpoint turfing sounds like a good idea, you can just implement it and see what the community thinks. As for the 9 other turfs, they must be placed in areas with little to no spawning, otherwise it'll just be a problem all over again.

Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Yea