Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)

Development Focuses

Damen's Focuses on Development

Information

In an attempt to get the server back to rolling with some updates, this will be a list of things I intend to get done slowly, or work alongside the developers.

I will be adding things to this list as it comes along. Once the list is compiled, I will review it with the development, executive, and council teams to figure out what will be considered for the final development portion.

I would like to have two sections for my focuses:
    • New Features - Brings the server to life with new and creative content. (Also includes reworks of existing systems.)
    • Quality of Life and Adjustments - Improves the general use of the server, such as adding ID's to a server-generated message.

If you have something you feel that would be a massive benefit to the server, feel free to reply it down below and we will look into adding it.

Note: Lorenc will not be partaking in development progressions as he's busy with work and IRL activities.

The List of Suggested Features

New Features
    Feature Suggestion Topic Status
    War System Automated minigame that allows users to battle each other in teams with various configurations [TBC]
    Business Burglary Slight chance to be able to break into a business and steal portions of supplies or products (rates still being worked on with B7G) [TBC]
    Pizza Delivery Company Add a PizzaBoy Minijob and add the Pizza Shop to the Stock Market [TBC]
    Zombie Stadium COD-like Zombie Mode of which you can play as a "mini-game" [TBC]
    Paramedic Minijob Add clerks around SF to heal and be rewarded. (Similar to the concept of Firefighter) [TBC]
    Event Voting System Add a proper event voting system and utilize an event-only announcement command [TBC]

Quality of Life and Adjustments
    Feature Suggestion Topic Status
    Expectations for Stocks Adjust the Stock Market so that it has daily stock price and dividend payout requirements [TBC]
    Fireworks Extend the life of a Firework and Reduce it's Comp. Points price to 500 [TBC]
    Firetruck Water Cannon Abuse Remove the ability to damage an individual with the Water Cannon (doesn't affect the fact that you can be stunned/knocked down, as I don't believe this is fixable) [TBC]
    Police Department Bots Bots that defend the PD from any wanted player, to prevent spawn killing of LEOs [TBC]
    Business Supply Stealing Allow business members to go steal supplies from various locations [TBC]
    Toy Additions Add more toys that are able to be purchased and used (Need Object ID Suggestions to complete this) [TBC]
    Private Messaging History Allow individuals to look at their past 'x' amount of PMs to respond if afk [TBC]
    Semi-Automated Vehicle Impounding Impound vehicles with a simple command and price, then automatically add notes [TBC]

Completed Work
    Spoiler!

Legend
    [TBC] = To Be Considered
    [WIP] = Work in Progress
    [A] = Added
    [R] = Removed/Aborted

Note: It might say "added" though it could be waiting to be moved into the live server. Keep this in mind.

Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation. - Dean Kamen
    Last edited by Damen; Yesterday at 12:31 PM. Reason: created "completed" section

.:PC SPECIFICATIONS:.
    CPU: INTEL i7 7700K - 4.2 GHz
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z270E STRIX
    LIQUID COOLER: NZXT KRAKEN X62 - 280MM
    MEMORY: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-3200 MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 11GB
    SSD: 3X SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB
    PSU: EVGA TX850M - 850W

.:PERIPHERALS:.
    MOUSE: RAZER DEATHADDER
    KEYBOARD: RAZER BLACKWIDOW X CHROMA
    HEADSET: ASTRO A40 & PRO MIXAMP
    MONITORS: 3X DELL 2417DG GAMING - G-SYNC - 165HZ - 1MS

"INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND
    OVER AGAIN EXPECTING THE RESULTS TO CHANGE."

USE `@DAMEN` TO ALERT ME OF A POST IF IT QUOTES
    ME OR REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. DO NOT ABUSE IT.

V.I.P
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Proper cw system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayno View Post
    Proper cw system
    To further elaborate, a system that will require little to none admin assistance, can be managed without disturbing the other SFCNR players online, without the use of /announce and shit.
    Basically a Clan War arena, with different locations, much like the duel system.
    1) Each rounds will be of 5minutes max, If both teams survive its a draw.
    2) waiting lobby for the players killed at round, or spectating mode like in CS.
    3) The 'arena leader(s)' can set the data(best of, location,weapons)
    4) Next round will start in 1minute unless a strategic timeout is taken(2 minute timeout?) with 2 timeouts max, you can replace the cw players in the 1 minute period after each round
    5) players with pl above 'x'(can be changed) cannot enter the arena, 4players playing minimum.
    6) a different world in the arena to house substitute players, No spectators, should not affect the players who aren't in the arena.
    7) players with ping above above 'x' cannot enter.
    8) AC requirement can be set to a must or otherwise.

Team leaders can control their respective teams/substitutes
    Last edited by Homicidal_; 12-24-2018 at 04:09 AM.

💎 karma's a *****. 💎
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Thought you said you already had suggestions for Quality of Life @Damen
    I'ma just say if you plan to make crowdfunds for them I probably would not bother.

Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    1. Business Options
      • Simple, just complete the 'Steal Supplies' option. When you choose this option you should get a task, like go to a X place to pickup a product. Depending on which business you own the difficulty changes.
      • Reverting to old production time where it didn't depend on online members.
      • Changing the way/dialog/menu of kicking members as it is now bugged as hell. You choose X person to kick and Y person gets instead.

2. Clan War System
      • At the Paintball area add a possibility to choose an area for "Clan Wars". An admin or whoever can purchase a slot for $100K(?) and make a Clan War between 2 clans. The options should be similiar to /pb edit.

3. Paramedic Minijob
      • A pretty shitty Minijob aka Class not so long ago. You got nothing to do if you don't have a friend who is camping in his house with a contract. Therefore, add clerks(?) around SF which need to be healed. Just like firemen take their extinguisher and type /fires and go to a X spot to extinguish a fire so should medic staff. They should be able to type /medic (?) and green triangles should appear on minimap. After they get there they take can and spray the clerk, after they do so they will be rewarded with $5000
    Last edited by Abbott; 12-24-2018 at 05:12 AM.

Finis sanctificat media

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fixing the business bugs.

Remove the passive mode. It rarely gets used for it‘s purpose. Every new player that joins, chooses RP then starts to annoy other players, ram or shoot.
    Last edited by Albbi; 12-24-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    An old member of the community - 2012.

Steel/Eddie_/Edward

Family means no-one gets left behind or forgotten.
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    Thought you said you already had suggestions for Quality of Life @Damen
    I'ma just say if you plan to make crowdfunds for them I probably would not bother.
    I currently don’t have any plans for crowdfunding any quality of life things. I would only personally crowdfund something I would believe to be successful and in-demand.

I’ll be focusing on QOL things for now, probably. @Shini;

I might consider digging back into my old clan war system and potentially finishing that.
    Last edited by Damen; 12-24-2018 at 07:07 AM.

CNR Admin
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albbi View Post

Remove the passive mode. It rarely gets used for its purpose. Every new player that joins, chooses RP then starts to annoy other players, ram or shoot.
    ^
    Rollback to prev arrest system arresting isnt a skill anymore it simply anoys players a newbie doesnt even know how to shot comes from behind as cia and jails you for 500sec or at least add a 3sec cooldown when we getting cuffed so we can /bc at least

Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albbi View Post

Remove the passive mode. It rarely gets used for it‘s purpose. Every new player that joins, chooses RP then starts to annoy other players, ram or shoot.

Up to B7G, Lorenc, and Stev on this one. @Albbi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    WelCome @Damen Please Man Remove passive Mode its Not Good
    Last edited by Mr.Bean_.; 12-24-2018 at 08:24 AM.