Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Make this change?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 81.82%
  • No

6 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbott View Post
    I've used an alternative account to check out the LEO class.

And I was surprised with what I saw.

The /bc rate is high as hell; I played for like 1-2 hours as LEO on that account and the only time I could arrest someone was when he would run out of bobby pins.
    What's the problem with this? The problem is that only the richa$$ people will continuously buy bobby pins and avoid arrests while the poor and new ones will get arrested every minute which will most likely end with them raging and leaving the server/quitting.

Also one of the things is that there is no tactic you just spam and run.

Imo you should revert back to /taze ID /cuff ID /ar ID and drastically decrease /bc rates also you should decrease the ability to /taze again to 3-5 seconds. And decrease the bobby pin price. In this way everyone will be equal (not only rich will be able to avoid arrests).

@Lorenc; @Banging7Grams; @Damen; @Stev

About script problems I doubt everyone will have access to it but even if you do or don't allow them it will be a smaller problem and there will be less complains then you currently got about this system.
    It’s currently at roughly 35%-ish success rate according to Lorenc’s notes within the code..

Banging said we could add a 3 second gap between when /bc is done each time and also up the percentage to be 50-50.

Thoughts? @Abbott; Otherwise Lorenc will have to look into reverting it from a while ago.

.:PC SPECIFICATIONS:.
    CPU: INTEL i7 7700K - 4.2 GHz
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z270E STRIX
    LIQUID COOLER: NZXT KRAKEN X62 - 280MM
    MEMORY: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-3200 MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 11GB
    SSD: 3X SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB
    PSU: EVGA TX850M - 850W

.:PERIPHERALS:.
    MOUSE: RAZER DEATHADDER
    KEYBOARD: RAZER BLACKWIDOW X CHROMA
    HEADSET: ASTRO A40 & PRO MIXAMP
    MONITORS: 3X DELL 2417DG GAMING - G-SYNC - 165HZ - 1MS

"INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND
    OVER AGAIN EXPECTING THE RESULTS TO CHANGE."

USE `@DAMEN` TO ALERT ME OF A POST IF IT QUOTES
    ME OR REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. DO NOT ABUSE IT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes
    [SS]KinG #PeRO..

Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damen View Post
    It’s currently at roughly 35%-ish success rate according to Lorenc’s notes within the code..

Banging said we could add a 3 second gap between when /bc is done each time and also up the percentage to be 50-50.

Thoughts? @Abbott; Otherwise Lorenc will have to look into reverting it from a while ago.
    Sounds ok but the one who have less money will probably again complain saying that it is too expensive to buy pins or w/e; they would ask for the old system again.

Finis sanctificat media

Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    What about this proposal, seeing as we'll never be able to please EVERYBODY..?

• We revert the system back for the taze, cuff, and arresting commands.
    • We leave /bc the same as how it is in terms of process, meaning automatically done.
    • We increase the breaking cuff to be a 40-50% chance.
    • We add a /bc restriction to be 2-3 seconds before it attempts the next breaking attempt.
    • Binds and scripts are allowed as there's no way to stop the use of them effectively.

This addressing the fact that it still SOMEWHAT requires skill to taze, cuff, and arrest with the aspect of keeping it somewhat balanced that civilians do not have to do the /bc aspect.

It becomes a 40-60/50-50 chance for the cuffs to essentially be picked, that way the process isn't fully one-sided to LEOs. Making it 50-50 might be a stretch if /bc is automated fully, so, we could either do 40-60 or a percentage between 40-50% randomized.

Scripts and Binds will be used regardless, so, there's no point wasting time trying to prove someone is using it.

Note: This is assuming the concepts I'm imagining are going to be feasible to adjust as I wasn't the original creator of what has been currently implemented.

💎 karma's a *****. 💎
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    What about this proposal, seeing as we'll never be able to please EVERYBODY..?

• We revert the system back for the taze, cuff, and arresting commands.
    • We leave /bc the same as how it is in terms of process, meaning automatically done.
    • We increase the breaking cuff to be a 40-50% chance.
    • We add a /bc restriction to be 2-3 seconds before it attempts the next breaking attempt.
    • Binds and scripts are allowed as there's no way to stop the use of them effectively.

This addressing the fact that it still SOMEWHAT requires skill to taze, cuff, and arrest with the aspect of keeping it somewhat balanced that civilians do not have to do the /bc aspect.

It becomes a 40-60/50-50 chance for the cuffs to essentially be picked, that way the process isn't fully one-sided to LEOs. Making it 50-50 might be a stretch if /bc is automated fully, so, we could either do 40-60 or a percentage between 40-50% randomized.

Scripts and Binds will be used regardless, so, there's no point wasting time trying to prove someone is using it.

Note: This is assuming the concepts I'm imagining are going to be feasible to adjust as I wasn't the original creator of what has been currently implemented.
    +1 but the current success rate / higher success rate is needed seeing as there'll be a cooldown for /bc while /taze and cuff don't have a cooldown making the /cuffs essentially too op.

Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    +1 but the current success rate / higher success rate is needed seeing as there'll be a cooldown for /bc while /taze and cuff don't have a cooldown making the /cuffs essentially too op.
    @Shini; There's currently a command cool down throughout the entire server, therefore, it matches that cool down, I believe.

I may be incorrect.

💎 karma's a *****. 💎
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    @Shini; There's currently a command cool down throughout the entire server, therefore, it matches that cool down, I believe.

I may be incorrect.
    atm /bc is automated to spam every bobbypin you have till you either run out or it breaks the cuffs.
    the server cooldown on the server is like a 1 or 0.5 second spam delay only.
    3 seconds is alot of time.

Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    atm /bc is automated to spam every bobbypin you have till you either run out or it breaks the cuffs.
    the server cooldown on the server is like a 1 or 0.5 second spam delay only.
    3 seconds is alot of time.
    I'm talking about the /taze, /cuff/, and /ar command cooldowns. Not the /bc functionality and it's process.

I might consider 2 seconds cooldown on /bc and then taze, cuff, and arrest on a 3 second cooldown or whatever natural server timer is.
    @Shini; (Mention me when you reply, so, I don't miss it, please.)

Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    We just need to make the success rate fair for both cops/criminals. The bobby pin should work only once, and if it fails you will need to wait a few seconds for another attempt.

Right now it just spams pins, which costs alot of money, and makes it hard to arrest.

The other issues about bringing back the commands, has been debunked long ago, as to why we should not revert to it. Many people including noobs would join with binds/scripts. Whats the point of giving some users the same advantage, when it can all be server sided.

Detecting a user with binds is difficult, and I recall being unfairly treated by admins who assumed, that I used binds. Its just a mess, and hard to catch a slick person, who uses them.

All our competitors are using a key bind process, which is even more simple, and involves clicking one button, while you sit in a car or on foot. We are bringing the same kind of easy to user experience, but while giving users a realistic experience still, that provides a fighting chance for the criminal to kill the officer and get away.

In fact by keeping it all server sided, we can tweak it to make it more difficult. Where as with the old system, it was just as OP with the binds, and the restrictions are lower. Right now we have a much longer taze cooldown. Where as before, we didn't have a cool down, and this make it even more OP with binds.