Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Passive mode set to default = death of the server

There's an issue that needs to be addressed in regards to this Passive mode

I suggest the following : Remove passive mode OR remove it from being a Default setting.

Why?

This is what i've seen over the xmas period (since i've been active).

New players connecting not realising they're in Passive mode. I'm seeing this all the time, passive mode players shooting other players not understanding passive mode is enabled or even that passive mode excists.

When new players connect they are set to passive mode by default. Passive mode should be an option and an option only.

I'm also getting a lot of Pm's from players and the same question in chat "how to disable passive mode"

No doubt there are less players in your server because of this and it's obvious.

I see it all the time, passive mode players not understanding what's going on because they can't cause damage to other players, so what do they do? they leave the server. Wouldn;t you?

Passive mode should not be set to default because it's killing off the server slowly and it's noticeable.

I've been quite active over the Xmas period and I've seen it all. The server is dying slowly due to this issue.

Like i said, Passive mode should be an Option and an option only. It's there if we want to use it. It should NOT be set to default.
    I'm seeing new players being reported for ramming in passive, the issue here is that they're not aware that rules are being breached here. They don't even know what passive mode is so how can we punish a player? If a player is abusing passive mode it's a different story but this simply isn't the case and it never is.

What are others thinking about this?

Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    It is not set as default since the last update if I am correct, you need to enable it via /cp to use it.

I don't understand why is everyone blaiming passive mode for everything. It is really cool for players (like me) who don't know and don't try to DM but enjoy other server features such as Fireman.

As a matter of fact player count increased since Xmas.

My point is that passive mode is a great feature for non-DMers and it shouldn't be removed.
    The only thing that maybe should be changed is that passive players can use their weapons after they get wanted or that they get weapons when they get wanted.
    Last edited by Abbott; 01-08-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Acta non verba

I don't answer forum pms, contact me on:
    Instagram: @igabbottv2
    Discord: abbott#2800

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbott View Post
    It is not set as default since the last update if I am correct, you need to enable it via /cp to use it.

I don't understand why is everyone blaiming passive mode for everything. It is really cool for players (like me) who don't know and don't try to DM but enjoy other server features such as Fireman.

My point is that passive mode is a great feature for non-DMers and it shouldn't be removed.
    The only thing that maybe should be changed is that passive players can use their weapons after they get wanted or that they get weapons when they get wanted.
    I agree with you, passive would be a good feature if it wasn't set to default. Since the last update, passive is still a defualt setting.

"I don't understand why is everyone blaiming passive mode for everything."

Actually I'm adressing an issue, i'm not blaming passive mode on anything, my point is valid. I'm telling you now, if this issue is not adressed the server will die out and it's as simple as that. I do blame passive mode for this yes.

CNR Admin
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbott View Post

Cuz the server is cops and robbers and 60 percent of it is roleplay

- - - Updated - - -

It should be removed

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    If it’s true that passive is on after registering into the server then it definitely should be changed

Big no for removing the entire thing tho
    Joined Irresistible Gaming December 2012

finit hic deo

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibble View Post
    If it’s true that passive is on after registering into the server then it definitely should be changed

Big no for removing the entire thing tho

Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    I removed the auto enabling of the passive mode on registering and I've tested it alongside Banging7Grams and Doomyy.

Therefore, if it's currently still being enabled on player creation, then, there needs to be a bug report submitted.

Mention me if you reply on this thread, otherwise I will forget. @LivBoeree

.:PC SPECIFICATIONS:.
    CPU: INTEL i7 7700K - 4.2 GHz
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z270E STRIX
    LIQUID COOLER: NZXT KRAKEN X62 - 280MM
    MEMORY: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-3200 MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 11GB
    SSD: 3X SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB
    PSU: EVGA TX850M - 850W

.:PERIPHERALS:.
    MOUSE: RAZER DEATHADDER
    KEYBOARD: RAZER BLACKWIDOW X CHROMA
    HEADSET: ASTRO A40 & PRO MIXAMP
    MONITORS: 3X DELL 2417DG GAMING - G-SYNC - 165HZ - 1MS

"INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND
    OVER AGAIN EXPECTING THE RESULTS TO CHANGE."

USE `@DAMEN` TO ALERT ME OF A POST IF IT QUOTES
    ME OR REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. DO NOT ABUSE IT.

Shini
    all of the times that were fun before was when you could spawnkill an entire clan, that isn't doable anymore simply because they'll use the /passive mode to go elsewhere.
    remove it thx

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arber View Post
    Cuz the server is cops and robbers and 60 percent of it is roleplay

- - - Updated - - -

It should be removed
    ur right abt ur 1st statement

and u wonder why no one does leo? it's not the payout, tazing system, or w/e. it's bcos no one is wanted

Spoiler!

youtube channel

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damen View Post
    I removed the auto enabling of the passive mode on registering and I've tested it alongside Banging7Grams and Doomyy.

Therefore, if it's currently still being enabled on player creation, then, there needs to be a bug report submitted.

Mention me if you reply on this thread, otherwise I will forget. @LivBoeree
    @Damen