Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rooftop Safe Bug

Behind the ammu-nation in the old venturas strip, "Behind" from the side of the entrance i mean, there is a rooftop. If you enter that rooftop, the text box in the middle right on the screen which normally says how much distance you are away from the safe when you enter a robable shop, is now there even tho this, obviously, isnt a shop and it shows that we're 90m away from the safe. I originally throught that the safe was the one in ammunation, but it just didnt quite fit right because its interior is loaded in a diffrent state, so it definetly wouldnt just be inside the ammunation like that.

Turns out, the safe is a safe called Ahmyy's cafe Inside a building which doesnt have some walls, so you can get in easily, and the other thing is that its owned by Nibble. That building is already there (obviously) even before you enter the rooftop, but for somereason when you enter it the text box which leads to that safe appears. I didnt know what could be causing the text box to activate around 90m away from it in an off-spot, but now i think i do. When you enter the actual building without going to the rooftop, there is no text box appearing, meaning it was probably not meant to appear because its not a building you enter through. Im thinking of 2 things that might be causing it, 1 being more likely in my opinion.

So 1 is that because the safe is in the open and that when you ENTER something that doesnt have an already-existing safe in it (rooftop) this happens. Especially because its around there, then maybe the code links the rooftop entrance and the safe together while it obviously shouldnt.

The 2nd throught that crossed my mind, which is probably very unlikley, is that the code its self doesnt have to do something with this, and that because the person that was working on this didnt know how to disable the text box (which, again, i think is very unlikley, especially seeing what the developers have already done in the server i believe they know that). If thats actually the case, then it was probably a "My code doesnt work. I have no idea why" and "My code does work. I have no idea why" kind of scenario, but again probably was 1 and very low chance it was 2 , or its just something completley diffrent that i didnt think of, which really is probably the case here. Anyways, wanted to analyze what i throught might be causing this, having actually no idea of the source code of the plugins or how exactly their code functions, and out of pure specalation. I hope this is helpful into fixing this, even tho it isnt an exploit of some sort, and doesnt really annoy anyone, because even if its stuck there and you dont want to rob it, you can just reach or surpass 100m and the box will be gone.

I hope this helped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just relised you have to do this with a certaint format. Well damn, sorry about that

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's not a bug, but it's good to guide players to find safes that are placed in random places around the map. Like in this case, you'd never find that safe in Ahmyy's cafe if that helping dialog didn't appear. So yeah gonna keep it as it is.